03 August 2012

if you had said a year ago that I would own pink shorts, I would have laughed in your face

Top: Delias / Shorts: J.Crew / Sandals: Victoria Secret / Necklace: Vintage / Watch: Windsor / Ring: Stella & Dot

And yet, here I am.  In pink shorts.  Come to think of it, I actually own quite a bit of pink these days, which is shocking for two reasons.  First of all, I've never been a huge fan of pink.  Nothing against it, but it wasn't for me.  Which was a part of reason two - I never thought I could wear pink.  Being a redhead with freckles and fair skin that has a lot of pink in it naturally, I always thought that wearing pink was just too much.  I felt like a walking pink and red thing.
Recently, however, I took a look in my closet and realized I suddenly own way more pink than I ever thought I would {read: any at all}.  I have these pink shorts I acquired at a recent J.Crew sale, my neon pink J.Crew tank, a pink belt, a pink bag, and some pink jewelry.  Craziness I tell you!
So basically, I guess I must have just found a pink that worked, which I'm actually really happy about, because, get ready for this shocker.... I actually like pink.

It's a revelation.
Pin It button on image hover