Quite a few things have happened since the last time I really updated this space on my life. Aside from that last post, it's been a good two and a half years. A bullet-journal summary:
- My sister and I moved into an apartment in First Hill, essentially downtown Seattle.
- After two years, my sister moved out, and now I still live here, but am living alone, which i L.O.V.E.
- I transferred to iFLY in Seattle when I came back from Florida, and within six months, was promoted to a manager. I have since stepped down from the manager spot, back to a CSR. It was a conscious choice of mine, not a demotion, and it has been for the better because...
- ... I have been fortunate enough to maintain a nearly full-time theatre career as a stage manager, working shows back to back with no more than a few weeks break between each one. I did a handful of shows with a smaller theatre outside of Seattle, and then got the gig as a Stage Manager at ArtsWest Playhouse on their production of American Idiot, which, to this day, has been my favorite show I have ever had the fortune to work on. Since Idiot, I have been so lucky as to continue working for them as a stage manager over two seasons, a total of 7 productions.
- I made a quick long-weekend trip to Utah to visit my old friend Angie, and met her boyfriend. That was coming up on two years ago now, and this summer I will be a bridesmaid at their wedding in Denver!
- Around the time that I stopped blogging, I went to Colonial Williamsburg with my sister to accompany my dad during the Raleigh Tavern Society members weekend, which I always remember my mom and dad going to every year when we were growing up as kids. We went with them most years, but didn't attend the festivities as those were geared towards the actual adult members. We mostly experienced Williamsburg (which is like a second home to me) during the day, and were babysat in the evenings when they went to the events. Well, we went for the first time as young adults a few years ago, and are going again this summer, just after Angie's wedding. I was not able to go to Williamsburg the past two years since that first time in 2014 because in 2015 I was in rehearsal for American Idiot, and in 2016 I had another show...
- In 2016, I had my first job in a major equity house, ASMing Bad Apples, a new musical, at ACT Theatre! I was my first upper-tier theatre gig, and it was such an experience! I got to work with some people who I already knew, and several new folks who it was a pleasure to get to meet. Not to mention, it was a HUGE learning experience, and a boost to the ol' resume!
- Just before I started work on Bad Apples, my grandma Bestemor passed away. Bestemor is Norwegian for "grandma"; she was our dad's mom, and the link to all our family in Norway. She was a remarkable woman, and the first close family member that I have lost in my lifetime. But regardless of what you may believe, I choose to believe that she is in a better place, finally reunited with my Grandpa Phil, whom she was widowed from for 27 years, and never really moved on from. So there's peace in that.
- My mom has a new boyfriend. I say new, but they've been together for at least a year now. I really like him. He is good for her, and she for him. She's happy, which makes me happy. And my sister likes him, too.
- My dad is officially retired! He very recently sold the company that his father started, and which he has been running for decades! It was never his passion, so I'm glad to see that chapter of his life be over. My sister and I are doing our best to convince him to make the move away from Seattle to Williamsburg. I have never seen him so happy as when he is over there. I should know, it looks to be the same as I feel about London. It's not that I don't love Seattle - I do. It will always be my home, and I will always be proud to be from this city. But London is where I am the happiest and best version of myself. I see that for him, but substitute London for Williamsburg. Here's to getting one step closer to that change while we're there this summer...
I think that's really all for the major life updates. The only other thing is what I posted about last month - the general feeling of being restless, stuck in a rut, needing to make a change. I'm still trying to work out exactly what and how that change is, but I hope to keep things updated here as that happens.
I don't plan or expect that I'll be on here consistently, several times a week. And my content won't be outfit photos or much of the stuff I used to post about. I'm not really sure what I want this space to be other than an outlet for me. I've been tossing some ideas around in my head for how to utilize this in a way that I enjoy, that doesn't feel like work (because lord knows I work enough already!). But I want to change it up a bit, both in content and in aesthetic, so we'll see how that goes...
Until the next time,