16 March 2014

DAYTONA BIKE WEEK 2014


Last year, my spring break in Florida just so happened to line up with Daytona Bike Week 2013 (that old post here).  Well, as I am back in Florida this spring, I definitely wanted to go back to Daytona Beach for Bike Week 2014!  So on Thursday, after work, I put on my leather leggings and hopped in the car for the drive east.

I arrived in the afternoon, and spent a few hours walking around with my camera, soaking in the fun atmosphere, lusting over all the beautiful bikes, ogling all the weird/awesome ones, listening to the live music, and inhaling all the smells of barbeque and grilled goodies wafting from the numerous food stands.  I did wander over to the actual beach for a bit to take in the ocean and to pop into one of the many shops selling Bike Week wear.  I ended up purchasing a top and getting a cool Bike Week 2014 print silk-screened onto it as a souvenir.  I'll make sure to post a photo of it, because I really like it, and to be honest, felt pretty damn badass in my leather and bike week paraphernalia.  Also, I have to tell you, it's awesomely funny to be about two generations younger than the majority of people who live where I do, and running errands in leather, studs, and the like - lots of looks from the older folks, haha!

Pin It button on image hover