01 November 2013

SETTLING IN, HALLOWEEN, AND A DOG PARK


Well, I've been back in Seattle for a week now, and it's been a week full of seeing friends and family, unpacking from abroad, and unpacking/settling into the new flat we're in.  It was a bit of an odd thought to know that when I came back to Seattle, I wouldn't be moving back into the family home.  The house got sold, and my dad and sister moved into this new flat on Alki Beach literally two days before I arrived, so it's been a whirlwind of boxes and furniture and my suitcases.  Despite it being absolutely mad, I was and am kind of happy about coming back to a new place.
The change of scenery makes coming back to Seattle feel less like moving backwards and more like a stop along the way back to England.  I do miss London.  I always miss it when I'm not there.  But as I posted a little bit ago, leaving this time didn't feel so final and permanent.  I know I'll be back, and I can even guesstimate as to when, so it feels less like I'm moving forwards into a giant black hole.  And I'm glad for that.

I had a friend ask me recently if I was going to keep doing fashion/style stuff on the blog.  To be honest, I would like to start doing the occasional style post again, especially now that I have my sister back to help me with photos.  So perhaps I will.  I also still have a lot of stuff I want to cover from my last week(s) in the UK - finishing at the Globe, the End of Season party, time spent in Glasgow, etc.  So amidst the boxes and such, I'll find the time to sit and put it all together.

Yesterday was Halloween, and after having essentially celebrated mine a couple weeks early (that post is coming), it was fairly low key.  I met up with my friend Vita, who brought her friend's dog with her, and we spent the afternoon at a dog park soaking up all the adorable puppies, many of whom were in costume and subsequently 100000x more adorable.  I then went to another friend's house and had a scary marathon complete with candy, pizza, beer, and popcorn.  All in all, qute excellent.  Anyway, here are some of the dog park photos.  You're welcome.

Pin It button on image hover