06 October 2013

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BUILDING IN LONDON (or one of...)


 A little while back I had a day off from work and was having one of those restless sort of days, where I stayed in my pyjamas until about two in the afternoon, really wanting to go do something but not really knowing what or where.  Then I thought, hey, wait a second, I've not actually been inside the Natural History Museum in London!  So there I went.  I got actual socially acceptable clothes on and hopped on the tube straight to South Kensington for a mosey round the museum.

I did take more pictures than these, but I thought it's not any fun to spoil the surprises inside for people who haven't been.  I can tell you though that the building itself is perhaps one of the most beautiful buildings in London (and that's saying a lot!!).  The architecture is stunning, the artifacts are really interesting, the dinosaur that greets you in the main hall (seriously) is awesome, and I particularly enjoyed The Vault, where they house tons of different kinds of gems and precious valuables, but also have info on meteors and meteorites and the like.  Personally, I really like outer space, so I really enjoyed that.
I'll leave it at that and these photos (I also had a picture of some ancestral skulls that possessed some rather photogenic grins - they were naturals! - but unfortunately, it got deleted. Humbug!).  If you haven't been, or have and fancy going again because it's FREE, check out the Hatural History Museum whilst in London.

Pin It button on image hover