23 March 2013

IT WAS A REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD DAY (think that's enough 'really's?)


Yesterday was one of those days where everything was perfect.  It was everything that I needed, even if I didn't realize it.

I had started to become a bit resentful towards Boston, to be honest.  An animosity had started to grow between us, at least from my side of things.  This semester, it hasn't really felt like it's where I've wanted to be, and I've treated it as such.  As a result, I haven't been completely happy being here.  Don't get me wrong, I've loved doing the shows I've worked on, and my classes are good, my apartment is awesome... But, it's no secret that I want to be in London, not here.  I'm antsy to get out because I don't feel like I fit here.  Like a mandatory uniform that is scratchy and doesn't fit right, I have to be in Boston until graduation and am counting down the days until I can leave and go where I want (take the uniform off, so to speak).

But things are what you make of them, and yesterday, I saw Boston in a new light (cue epiphany music).  My wonderful friend Kelly, who I met abroad in London, came up from New York and we spent the whole day walking around Boston - literally, all around Boston.  And I saw the city through the fresh eyes of another person.  Not only that, but someone who has many of the same feelings regarding missing London as I do.  This city is actually quite beautiful.  The negative attitude towards it in my mind had poisoned the view I had of Boston, making it look ugly.

Yesterday, that was changed, and while I still am ready to move away and forward, for now, Boston will do.
Pin It button on image hover