02 December 2012

a day fit for a foodie

While I've been in London, I've really been able to take advantage of one of my favorite blogs, The Londoner.  A little while back, there was a post on B-SOHO, a bar and pizzeria nestled right next to Oxford Circus that looked to good to pass up, so I grabbed my friend, Kelly, and we went to check it out.

Let me tell you, I am so glad we did!  Not only was the place entirely charming, the pizzas were incredibly scrumptious - as big as the plates they were served on and piled high with goodies, it was some of the best pizza I've had.  Don't get me wrong, it's pretty hard for any pizza to be straight up bad, but in my mind, pizza is separated into two groups.  One, the pizza you get through delivery or after a night out, when all you want is to fill up on carbs.  Two, the really good pizza that you get when you want a fresh, quality meal.  This pizza was definitely of the latter group, and ranked pretty high within that group.  Thin, hand tossed crust, with a nice breadier edge, quality cheese, and fresh ingredients just piled haphazardly on top.  I got the "Don Rocca", which had buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, rocket, and prosciutto.

After we stuffed ourselves to the brim with pizza, we needed to walk it off a bit, so we headed down from Oxford Circus to the Thames, walking through Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square, and down past Downing Street, where the Prime Minister lives.  Right now, along the Thames on the Southbank, there is a whole festival of little Christmas booths set up to look like log cabins and little houses, completely decked out with lights, plus all kinds of street performers and a beautiful carousel.  We stopped and indulged in some crepes for dessert, and took photos as we walked through the little Christmas village, before heading back in, entirely stuffed, and rather cold.

I'm hoping to try out some other stuff from Rose's blog, and you can be assured that I'll tell you all about it.  In the meantime, head over to B-SOHO.  You won't regret it.
Pin It button on image hover