21 August 2012

change of plans

Cardigan: Zara / Top: J.Crew / Skirt: Old Navy / Belt: thrifted / Flats: Nordstrom / Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs

      I recently {a couple weeks ago} had an epiphany and realized just how inflexible I can be.  When I have plans, I like to stick to them, and it often irritates me when things change last minute.  But I also believe that everything happens for a reason.  So yesterday, when the day started out, I had a schedule for the whole day.  I was going to go to Goodwill and go thrifting with a friend, then go see The Dark Knight Rises, then go out for drinks that evening.  It was all nice and planned out.
      Just after I woke up, I got a text from my friend saying we had to reschedule thrifting for the next day.  Understandable reasons, and rescheduling was no problem, but then I had a chunk of time that I didn't know what to do with, which annoyed me.  If I haven't mentioned it already, I'm not a huge fan of tons of free time - I'd much rather be busy.  After rescheduling, I went to meet with my friend to see the movie, and we ended up seeing an earlier showing {by the way, the movie was epic, and I discovered how much I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt}.  Then, my plans to get drinks got rescheduled last minute for the next night.  So all in all, the day did not go as I'd planned.  But you know what?  
It actually worked out to be better.
      By scheduling thrifting for the next day, it filled up a good chunk of time during a day in which I had no plans.  And also, it meant seeing the movie earlier, and not pushing it too close to the drinks I was supposed to go out for.  So I was able to get a workout in, shower, and spend a decent amount of time getting ready and such.  Then, even though my drinks also got rescheduled, it gave me an opportunity to better get to know the person I was meeting up with, which could potentially make meeting up with them much more comfortable and means less potential for awkwardness {knowing me, highly probable otherwise}.  All in all, the day turned out for the best.
      Moral of the story?  Everything happens for a reason.  And that things can't always go according to plan.  If you just look at the glass as half full, you might notice how they can turn out to be even better.
Pin It button on image hover