13 July 2012

i'm curious...

How many people actually prefer Disqus to the Blogger commenting system?

Why? Or why not?

{I'm aware this is formatted like an essay question, which automatically turns me away from it, except I don't really know how else to word it, so....}

     I love the ability to have comment threads within the comments and easily reply to each individual comment, which is something I would try to do, except that the Blogger commenting tool doesn't allow threads.  And without the threads, I think replies are a) really hard to find, b) rarely even noticed, and c) ignored.  It becomes a mess of a conversation, if you could even call it that.
     The thing that keeps me from switching right over is that I know a lot of people don't necessarily like Disqus, from a commentator's side of things.  As the blog operator, it's great - I see that.  But as a commentator, I think it's hit or miss.  And the thing is, I really love comments.  They're the wet food to my kibbles, the peanut butter to my jelly, the green eggs to my ham... you get the picture.  A picture I now see is all about food, but I digress.
     I want your guys's opinions on this.  I don't want to take away from comments, but rather add to them and organize them so they're more personal.  Is Disqus the way to go?

And know that no matter what happens, I will never have that "prove you're not a robot" nonsense going on, because I hate it.
Pin It button on image hover