22 January 2012

winter wonderland





I am extremely proud of my heritage.  A little French, a wee bit Scottish, a good amount of Swedish, and mostly Norwegian.  It's no wonder sister and I are so tall with all that Viking blood!

Last winter, sister and I had the opportunity to go to Norway and visit family friends and distant relatives.  It was the first time either of us had been to Europe.  In fact, it was the first time we'd been off the North American continent {except Hawaii, but I'm pretty sure that's looped in with North America}.  Anyway, it was perhaps one of the best vacations, and we got to take it with a few of our cousins, which made it all the better.  

The photos above are some of the ones I took with my less fancy camera, and I don't joke when I say that in real life, Norway looks like a living postcard - everything blanketed in white under a technicolor sky.  It was surreal.

I'm hoping that {assuming I'll be living in London next fall} I'll be able to go back up to Norway and revisit everybody, and see more of the country.  Aurora Borealis, I'm talkin' to you!  Fingers crossed!
Pin It button on image hover