12 February 2014

WELCOME TO FLORIDA

Well, I made it to Florida!  The time from after Jerry Springer ended to the day of my departure absolutely flew by in a flash.  A LOT happened in that week or so, not least of all the SUPER BOWL!!!  But that's another story.  I digress...


So, now I'm in Florida.  I've been here a whole week already, and on the one hand, that feels accurate.  On the other hand, I can't believe it's been a solid week - actually, more than that since I came down Tuesday of last week.  A lot got packed into this past week(ish) - my mom's friend was in town for the first couple days, we went to iFly in Orlando and I spent a solid 30 minute block working on my back fly (Level II Flyer, here I come!), and today we just got back from spending four days in Stuart.

Stuart is a small town just north of West Palm Beach.  My mom has a friend who lives there, so we drove south to visit and stay for a few days.  And I gotta say, I had a blast!  I attended a masquerade (separate post coming up next!), made a ton of new friends, visited West Palm, met up with a friend from Seattle who happens to live there now, had the chance to take some decent photos for the first time in a while, and listened to some really talented performers at an open mic night.  I honestly had my doubts because Stuart is such a small town, and I'm such a city girl, but I wasn't bored at all.  It was really, really great.  Easy to drive down to West Palm for a city fix if needed, but the people in Stuart were so great, and it's such a cute and well-located town that there was always something you could go do or see.  At least, that's how I felt.  I really do look forward to going back, which I know we'll be doing a few times while I'm here.
Pin It button on image hover