13 January 2014

THE NEXT BIG STEP


This year is going to be a huge variable in the sense of taking it one step at a time.  I honestly can't say where I'll be in six months, or at the end of the year.  I have ideas of what I'd like to do and where I'd like to be, but right now, it's all about the now, and what is happening immediately after.  Currently, I'm in Seattle, and I'm working as Assistant Stage Manager on Jerry Springer: The Opera for a local theatre company downtown.  And recently, I finalized my plans for what will happen after Jerry finishes at the end of January.



On 4th February, I'll be moving down to Florida.  There are a few reasons for this.  One is because I'd like to spend some more time with my mom and, of course, my dog.  Another is because I hate spring - I love autumn and winter and the colder weather and all, but after half a year of it, I'm ready for sun and warmth and the reality in Seattle is that we won't get that until summer.  Spring is more of the cold and rain minus the holidays to make it bright.  Also, spring drags on for AGES.  But the biggest reason I want to move down to Florida is because I dread that by staying in Seattle for spring is going to be a direct throwback to how I was last spring, which was miserable (see my last post for that story).  I don't want to be here if I'm going to be unhappy.  That's the opposite of my resolution.  I can move to Florida and I want to move to Florida, so I'm going to move to Florida.  The reality is that I've lived in Seattle my whole life, and while I still love this city, I simply don't want to live here anymore.  I'll visit as often as I can, because I am fond of Seattle and so proud to say I'm a born and raised Seattlite, but I don't want to be based here.  At least not right now.

So, there we go - the first step in sticking to my New Years resolution.  I'm excited!
Pin It button on image hover