29 January 2014

IT WAS MY JERRY SPRINGER MOMENT

  
Well, after using today as a day of recovery, I'm here to post about the show I just wrapped up this weekend.  We had our final performances of Jerry Springer: The Opera this past weekend, Thursday through Sunday.  It was one hell of a weekend, I'll say that much!  We would do a performance, then go out and celebrate with a drink and maybe a bite to eat at The Whiskey Bar, which was kind of our show's default post-show location for going out - excellent whiskey choices and a great burger!  Honestly, one of the reasons I love working in theatre is socializing with all the company after a rehearsal or performance.  I got to know some people a lot better, and had some really good times.  Going out after an evening performance did mean that I got home and to bed at ridiculous hours, but to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.  It's all about the experiences, ya know?  And there's plenty of time for sleep this week.

I've been so honored to have been a part of this production.  Balagan has been an amazing company to work for because I have really seen and felt that all the members of the team truly care about the work they do, and put so much time and effort into making the outcome a good one.  And it really shows.  Our production got so many great reviews (Broadway World, The Seattle Times, The Stranger), and everyone had a blast doing this show.  It was definitely different than any other show I'd worked on before, as well!  It's sad in the most fulfilling kind of way to see this chapter be at an end, but I had the most amazing time and met the most amazing people who I can now call my friends.  It was a fantastic opportunity and I am so thankful to have been a part of it.  I'll miss it, but I know that I can always look back on it with happiness and gratitude.

**ABOVE PRODUCTION PHOTOS ARE OWNED AND COPYRIGHTED BY BALAGAN THEATRE AND SEATTLE THEATRE GROUP.**
Photos below are my own.
Pin It button on image hover