30 May 2013

SASQUATCH AND MACKLEMORE WEEKEND

I love music festivals!  Like really, I want to go to ALL of them.  Last weekend I was lucky enough to score a ticket to Sasquatch at the Gorge, which I hadn't thought I'd be able to go to because the tickets are sooooo expensive and I had to work some of the days that weekend.  But basically I was able to get a one day VIP pass for a reduced price through a friend of a friend and headed straight to the Gorge after work on Friday to meet up with my friend and her sister to see the Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis!

MACKLEMORE, you guys!!  The reason I wanted to go to Sasquatch in the first place, and I was able to catch him.  SO happy.  Also, best show I've been to, maybe even more so than Lady Gaga, and that's saying something because Gaga is hardly a concert - it's an experience.  But Macklemore.... now that was just an epic freaking party!  I have a lot of love and respect for Macklemore - he's my homeboy.  Seattle pride, y'all.  I have a lot of love and pride for my city, and his music exemplifies that.  So, yeah, the show was incredible.  Like, I'll go to every one of his that I can and I'll even go alone if I have to because I didn't even notice that anyone else was there with me.  We just dance, and we cry, and we laugh, and have a really, really, really, good time.  ;)  [For those who caught that reference, we're automatically friends. :p]

After we partied with Macklemore into the early morning hours, we wandered back through the campgrounds for some sleep.  I had to leave the next day as I had commitments and my ticket was a one day pass only.  Leaving was so, so hard.  I wanted to stay and see The Lumineers, The XX, Mumford & Sons, etc. SO. BADLY.  Tough times, guys.  :(  But I'm grateful I got to go for the time that I did, and I saw Macklemore, which was the most important one to me, and well as Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend so I can't really complain too much.  :)

***I just have to add that The Gorge is incredible.  Sitting on the hill at the mainstage and watching performances with that incredible (#nofilter) sunset and view as the backdrop is surreal.  Again, one of the many reasons I love my beautiful Washington state.
Pin It button on image hover