28 November 2012

it's starting to look a lot like Christmas

Last week, before I left for Scotland, my friend Kelly (who takes my outfit photos!) and I went to Covent Garden to walk around and get some dessert while admiring all the beautiful Christmas decorations.  It's weird because it doesn't really feel like Christmas necessarily, because Thanksgiving was so half-hearted over here.  By that, I mean our school dining hall did Thanksgiving food for lunch for those American students studying abroad, but otherwise, it wasn't celebrated.  {Obvious I know, as I am in England.}

But because it wasn't the traditional Thanksgiving, and I didn't get to participate in Black Friday like I always do, it doesn't quite feel as Christmassy as it normally would for me.  I guess it'll just take some getting used to...  we'll get there!

Blast the Christmas music non-stop, please!

By the way, I found a Ladurée in Covent Garden and may have splurged on macarons out of joy...

P.S.  This is my 200th post!  Hard to believe!
Pin It button on image hover