06 September 2012

a thought for this thursday

Dress: Ooh La Loft / Belt: with dress / Boots: Steve Madden / Bracelet: Vintage

When I like you...

Everything I intend to say is well thought out and premeditated.   Perhaps even so far as written down and said aloud in many ways with a variety of inflections and intonations to see what's best.    Every word is carefully selected.   In order to get it just right, I'll say these things to myself in front of the mirror, or in the car, or in my head as I'm walking down the street.

I will, at one point, and despite all the efforts described above, word vomit all over you.  Please don't judge me for it.  It's just that you make me forget everything I was just thinking before I saw you, and now nothing makes sense.  So when my brain goes on vacation, what comes out of my mouth is not something I can necessarily control.

I remember everything you say, verbatim.  I remember absolutely nothing I say, which is probably for the best as it was likely mortifying or completely unintelligible.

When I like you, something as simple as a text or Facebook message gives me a little thrill.  Nothing as huge as when I see you in person, but along those basic lines.

When I see you, the butterflies in my stomach rage warfare.  Sometimes with my bladder, which is really quite awkward as it makes me have to pee quite badly.  {Was that TMI?  Sorry... word vomit.}

And when I see you, I will suddenly get very warm, as if the temperature in the room was just boosted by twenty degrees.  My skin will tingle and my face will flush, and I will turn into this giant walking red thing.  Not helped by the fact that my hair is red.  So quite metaphorically, I will turn into the Human Tomato.  It's not my best look.  Please remember that.

I swear I'm actually a somewhat normal person around other people.  It's just you that turns me into a red, brainless, word-vomiting idiot because of the way you make me feel.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pin It button on image hover