06 May 2012

starting summer off with a bang


After what seemed like traveling from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep {oh, wait, that's pretty accurate...}, I finally made it to Florida last night.  And got a good 10 hours of sleep on quite a comfortable bed.

Today was a wonderful day spent in the 90-degree weather hitting up a few places in the golf cart and driving to the flea market for some fresh produce and overall browsing.  We bought ingredients to make guacamole to go with lunch, and I would just like to take a moment to say with pride that it. was. awesome!  Partly because it was delicious, and partly because I made it all by myself!  Anyone who knows me knows that I don't cook.  I just don't do it.  I don't always like to do it, and even more so, I usually epically fail.  My sister is the chef of the two of us.  I just don't have that domestic gene.  So for me to make delicious guac on my lonesome is HUGE.

The pics above are a few snippets from the day.  I probably won't be posting much until the end of the week, and I'll catch up on what I can't get to this weekend.

Happy start of summer!!!
Pin It button on image hover