27 April 2012

i miss...


... taking weekly riding lessons

... having my own horse and the bond that comes with it

... posting trots

... cantering

... two-point position

... sitting in an english saddle

... the smell of leather and hay

... holding the reins

... jumping

... dressage {yes, even dressage}

... sharing a carrot

... horseback riding.

I've been riding horses since I was about 6 or 7, and was involved in horsey things as much as I could be even before that.  I went to horse camps in the summer, and took weekly lessons year round.  I owned a horse through high school {Magnum - that's him in the 2nd and 3rd pictures}.  But during my senior year of high school, I had to cut the regular riding to focus on school, graduation approaching, and my ever growing and developing participation in theatre.  I always knew I wanted to take up riding again as soon as I had the time, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case yet.  I kind of have doubts, fears really, that I won't ever have the adequate time to return to weekly lessons.  It makes me incredibly sad to think that, so I try not to.  Fortunately, I have a place I can visit during the summers with my friend, but the horses there don't jump, which is what I really miss, and what I really regret not having been able to develop further.  What I really want is to start up again with lessons, but it isn't a reality right now, and I don't think it will be soon.  So I guess I'll have to do with the occasional trail ride and looking through old photos....

I apologize for no awkward and awesomes today, but the truth is that this week was neither awkward nor awesome.  Just filled with final papers and working on final projects for next week {the last week!}.
Pin It button on image hover