01 January 2013

one chapter ends, another begins

I don't know if it was because of all the hype about the Mayan Apocalypse that people just made the most out of 2012, or if it was simply just because so many great things happened to occur this year for who knows what reason (dumb luck? fate?), or if it was was just something that changed within myself in some way, but no matter what the reason why, I know I can say one thing for absolutely certain.

2012 has been the best year of my life.

It's been a year of some huge firsts for me - some of them personal, and some not.

It's been a year in which I've met some amazing new people, and a year in which I've grown closer to some that I already knew.

It's the year that I started this blog, and got to connect with each of you.

It's been a year of incredible experiences, which include but aren't limited to...
 
...living in Boston, away from home and on my own for the first time...

completing my first year of college away from home...

road tripping with my sister to San Francisco and back...

job shadowing the stage manager of the touring US production of Les Mis in San Fran...

studying abroad at Regents College...

traveling to Paris...

Wales...

Scotland...

and Norway...

and living in London for four amazing months.

The sheer amount of how much 2012 has blown me away is incredible, and I am so grateful for everything that happened this year.  It's hard to let go of it and let it be a memory, because it was such an incredible year, and it would be so easy to just fall into the line of thinking that there's no way 2013 could possibly be as amazing, but I refuse to let myself do that.

So, I only have one resolution this year:

To be happy.

This means making the most of every moment and opportunity, and being thankful that each moment and opportunity is present in my life.

C'mon, 2013.
Let's do this!!
Pin It button on image hover