03 February 2012

awkward and awesome friday






Awkward
  • The elevator door only opening a crack when it gets to your floor, then proceeding to close and continue on it's merry way as if nothing had happened.  Um, hello... I needed to get off there.  Pressed the button and everything...
  • People coming up and saying "You're so tall!" when I wear any kind of heeled shoes.  And the thing is, it's not really a compliment so much as stating the obvious, so I can't really say thank you.  So how do I respond??  Yup.
  • Continuing with this theme, everything in this video - pretty accurate.
  • Sitting cross-legged for too long so your legs fall asleep, then you can't move even though you have to in order to do anything ever again.  It's a catch-22.
  • All those pictures up there. I didn't have time to take nice pictures, so Photo Booth and I had a quickie.  Funnily enough, I think the last one is the most...

...Awesome!
  • The lipstick I'm wearing right now.  And that I wore yesterday, and got complimented on.  It's Maybelline #140 "Fuchsia Fever" and while bright, it's fun to wear with some basic pieces, neutrals, or a pop of a complimentary color.
  • I went to the Study Abroad seminar this week and got all the application stuff I needed.  It's real now, people!
  • The possibility that I could come from studying abroad in London with a honest to goodness British accent.  Okay, okay, I know it wouldn't be real, but I could dream, right?
  • Getting things shipped to me from home!  I left some things there over break because I didn't want to lug everything to NYC, and they arrived in the mail this week.  Hooray for having my stuff!
  • Freshly shaved legs.  Mmm, silky smooth...
Pin It button on image hover